- The kind of personal information (any information that can be used to identify an individual) that we collect.
- How this information is collected?
- How this information may be used?
- Whether the information is shared with anyone.
The policy applies to all services, departments and activities within TECOM Business Parks that may require customers to submit personal information via channels including but not limited to online, phone, SMS, email, or physical correspondence.
1. What customer information do we collect?
- In order to provide you with the full range of services, we sometimes need to collect personal information, which is any information that can be used to identify an individual.
- Personal information collected includes but is not limited to name, company, gender, occupation, phone, email, mobile, fax , post box number, website, country and city depending on the activity.
- Where correspondence is via email, we may save the content of your email, your email address and our correspondence with you.
2. How do we collect personally identifiable information?
- When you interact with or sign up for any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, partner development events, sales events, competitions, contact us via telephone or SMS us, participate in one of our discussion groups, speak at one of our events, create an account using our online registration system, sign up to our Facebook,/Linked In/Twitter page, download a document from our websites, give us feedback, register as a visitor at building receptions, seek emergency medical or security assistance, participate in our CSR activities or apply for a job with us, we may receive personal information about you.
- We may also receive your personal information when you interact with our Sales Departments, Partner Relations Departments, Registration and Licensing Department, the Government Services Operations department, Asset Management and Sustainable Development Department, the Finance Department, the Procurement Department, Advertising and Venue Management Services Department and the Call Centre.
- We collect customer information on our websites through event registration forms, document download forms, sales enquiry forms, general enquiry forms, customer feedback (Voice IT) forms and facilities management request forms (campus).
3. How do we collect non-personally identifiable information?
- Third Party Cookies: In the course of your visit to our website, you may come across cookies that are not related to us. When you visit a webpage with embedded content from third party websites, you may receive cookies from those websites. We do not control cookies issued by third party websites and you are requested to check their respective privacy policies for more details on how the information collected through cookies is used.
4. How do we use customer information?
- We use the information collected from you to improve our services and to provide products or services that you have requested.
- We use personal information to:
- Provide you with password reminders
- Notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance
- To contact you about a submission you have made (e.g. requests, inquiries, comments, etc)
- Use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UAE or not
- To invite you to participate in surveys (participation is always voluntary)
- We use personal information to inform customers of changes in free zone legislation and policies that impact their businesses.
- We use personal information to keep customers informed of infrastructure-related matters that can impact their safety (e.g. fire drills) or convenience (e.g. maintenance).
- When offensive or objectionable content is posted on our websites or when an individual resorts to disruptive behavior when interacting with our content, products or services, we will use personal information to stop such activities. In instances where we believe an individual may be violating laws of the UAE, we may use personal information to alert relevant authorities.
- Personal information is also used to keep the customer community informed of discounts, events, products and services that may be of interest to them.
5. Will my information be disclosed to anyone else?
- We do not share customer information with third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may share your information with other companies that are part of TECOM Investments but the use will be limited to purposes detailed above. We may also share customer information with government departments or when we are under legal obligation to do so.
- We sometimes use third party services including but not limited to external consultants, research agencies, PR agencies and recruitment agencies and they may require access to personal information in order to provide services to you or in the course of executing a project. When personal information is shared with a third party, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is respected.
6. Who do I contact with regard to this policy or the use of my personal information?
- Please email
in case you have a question about this policy or the use of your personal information.
7. Updates to the Privacy Statement